View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 08:26 AM   #2
BLK MAJK
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1991 Marathon New Wheels Rubbing

So after being woken up in the middle of the night by one of my techs my brain wouldn't shut off, so I think this is the path I am going to take. Red line is where I will cut. I will then bend the bar away from the wheel to create clearance and re-weld. Quick and dirty math says if I bend it by 1/16" at the cut line, it will give me a little over half an inch of clearance, which should be enough. I will then have to shorten the rack extension heim joint, but it looks like I have more than enough threads to do it. By cutting it between the rack extension and the tie rod I shouldn't mess with the toe. However, I still plan to go thru and do an alignment once completed. I did find an entire axle assembly from an '87 marathon on ebay and it looks like the passenger side spindle has the 'bend' in it that I would need to clear the new tires...making me think even more mine was repaired. Once winter comes, the cart is being torn completely down, rust removed and repainted, so disregard how ugly it is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4rev.jpg (124.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ebay.jpg (338.2 KB, 0 views)
BLK MAJK is offline   Reply With Quote