View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 08:08 PM   #10
tom.robson
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1989 G1 Rear axle bearing replacement

Went out to the farm to install the repaired axle today and took a closer look down the axle tube. Saw some debris from the destruction of the bearing and decided to pull the axle tube to clean it out. Unbolted the six 14mm bolts on the axle tube at the transmission and the four 15mm bolts at the axle tube support and removed it from the cart. Discovered the axle shaft seal was chewed up from the shaft disengaging itself from the transmission. Tried to source one locally to no avail using the part number on the seal. Finally pulled up the national seal dimensions chart and discovered the axle shaft transmission seal at the inboard end of the axle tube is identical to a National seal 222238 and is readily available from online suppliers. Was unable to get it locally without a 3 day delay plus shipping costs. Nobody carried it (NAPA, Advance Auto, Autozone, Oreilly's) but could order it. Seal pictures attached. I will post some more to this thread on Thursday after getting the new seal and installing it, the axle tube and axle shaft. Wish I had pulled the axle tube the same day I removed the axle. Would have had the seal in hand by now... Ah well, lesson learned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3452.jpg (74.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3453.jpg (88.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by tom.robson; 01-22-2018 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: Pictures and more detail
tom.robson is offline   Reply With Quote