View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Default Re: 98 Carryall 6 Transaxle...lots of questions.

ok type of fluid called for in the book is 80/90 and you will use around a qt and a half or so. no big deal to fill it up. second it will be better to run syn 85/140 in it. or syn 80/90 if thats all you can find. you should have a fill plug on the right side(pass side) about the middle of the case. its a 14mm if i rember correctly. but heres you catch. i would nopt fill it till i find out why some schmock back all the bolts off. i would pull the axle, split the case and inspect bearings and races for overheating/lack of lube. not hard to do if you tear it down, and put it back together with no other hands in it. just take it apart, lay the parts out on a table or board in order, so you can put them back together in reverse. take a ppicture if you can of each step, in case you get side tracked or have to leave it alone for a while. you can always use the pics to help with reassembly! also get in contact with lockman, if i rember he has a service manualo r a way to get you a service manual pages to help with this. he has helped others on her. so ask really nicley! best of all we like pictures! we loike to visabily see the work not just imagine it! plus you might get extra credit for pubilcly investagating your work! soory i wasnt smat enough to go to college o spell, or learn to type correctly!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote