View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #29
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: #1 battery loses charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncseadad View Post
I agree radioman,...which brings me back to my earlier post in this thread...Could a short or partial short or maybe bad brushes in the motor cause this problem...Just make sense to me that if there was some sort of short that it would draw enough voltage before the batteries can equalize..Keep in mind that after sitting for a period of time the batteries do equalize. With the voltage leaving the pack through the #1 battery it makes sense that that batter would be the lowest.

Continuity test shows the motor good but could be something that only shorts while moving....I don't know....just the only thing I can think off...

I will put new batteries in this weekend and post the results...
Unless there is some external load across individual batteries (like a 12volt tap) you must understand that the same current flows through each battery in series during charging or discharging regardless of the terminal voltage or its location in the pack. There is no way one battery should respond differently because of its location other than some environmental condition surrounding it. If you would swap batteries as I suggested above it would prove or disprove my point. The lower voltage battery in position one when swapped with position two should remain lowest voltage in new number two position.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote