View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 06:43 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Forward Reverse switch wiring on DS

I have a club car ds, about a 2001. I changed the forward reverse switch, and am having issues.

It is doing a few different things, first when it does go, the torque almost gives you whiplash. Then you drive about 100 feet and it shuts down. Eventually, without doing anything other than waiting for about a half hour, it will do that again.

I am wondering if I was suppose to disconnect one side of this copper bar that ties the bottom together.

The switch I took off is identicle, with only one difference, that being this copper bar that ties the 2 verticle copper bars together.

On the old switch, the wire was attached to the driver side verticle bar and one side only of the horizontal buss bar. The other side of the horizontal buss bar was not attached, just hanging.

The new switch came with that bottom horizontal bar, attached to both verticle bars, AND I LEFT IT THAT WAY! SO THE HORIZONTAL BAR IS ATTACHED TO BOTH VERTICLES. Is this my problem??/ If I remove that horizontal bar completely and just attach the wire to the driver side bar, is that the way it goes??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-06-05 14.41.36.jpg (164.8 KB, 0 views)
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote