Thread: 5kW motor?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2022, 11:29 AM   #31
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: 5kW motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaslim View Post
This is what I got on my '22 i40 in Virginia.
I don't know what it all means, this thing was hitting 30mph right out the "box".
When you say "out of the box", did you buy it from a dealer? If you did, it looks like your dealer has a decent understanding of the carts.

In your under-seat picture, from the bottom: The first thing is a secondary DC to DC for accessories. The cart has an onboard one, but depending on your total accessory draw, it looks like the dealer decided to install a second one.

The next thing is an additional fuse block, which is good because (1) fuses are good and protect equipment and (2) it centralizes them instead of having them in-line all over the place. You can see an in-line one in your picture to the left of the DC/DC where there's a black fuse "in-line" on the red wire.

The next black thing...no idea? I'd guess it's related to the next black thing...perhaps some sort of fancy LED setup?

The other thing that jumps out at me is your battery charger...next to the colored light, charge indicator is an open port. That port is typically covered with a sticker, which is removed to reprogram the charger for different battery configurations. That most likely means the dealer reprogrammed it. It looks like you have Trojan batteries, so it was most likely already correctly programmed from the factory. Either you have a different battery configuration that I can't see, or your dealer did it to make sure it's correct.

The last thing being that it came 30mph "out of the box". That means your dealer probably tuned your cart a bit to make it faster and drive better.

No clue why there's a piece of wood or something in there. Did you DIY something? Just some observations for you
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote