View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 03:53 PM   #16
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Default Re: Accelerator(Throttle) Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
The speed limit here in our HOA is 20 mph. Since I have trouble maintaining this speed with the peddle as described here in this thread, I decided to lower my top speed limit to 20 mph. I figured that I could just hold the peddle full open and let the motor controller maintain that speed for me. This worked as intended and I am much happier with it this way.

What I didn't expect though is that the throttle response is now much more controllable throughout its range. The speed control has a much nicer feel to it for me and I don't have to constantly make fine adjustments to maintain a desired speed.

I know that lowering the top speed is the opposite of what most here are trying to achieve. But for those like me who don't care about high speed, this is an option.
Oh i noticed the same as well and it totally makes sense. The resolution of your speed control will be much greater the lower your max speed. There is not a transmission. So 50% pedal will be 50% speed, etc. Unless you have a throttle curve programmed in.
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote