View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 05:31 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 club car carryall engine swap

I would say pull the head off and check out the cylinder walls and make sure the head gasket isn't bad, but that's alot easier said than done with this engine. This is an overhead cam engine with a timing chain and the engine pretty much has to be out of the cart to do anything beyond adjusting the valve lash.
I think it either has bad rings, or there's a problem in the head that's causing it to pull oil into the combustion chamber. I can email you a copy of the service manual if you'd like to take a stab at disassembling it.
Like I said before, I don't know if many other people have attempted making a swap with one of the EFI motors yet. I'm sure the carbed EX40 is similar, but I don't know if there are differences in the head that wold make it difficult to put the EFI throttle body on the other engine. That's the only major hangup I can see.
Worst case, you can ditch the EFI stuff and just use the carb. That would require some wiring work to make the kill switch work properly, and probably some tweaks to the governor cable.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote