View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie needs advise! Marathon lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfdaddy View Post
Thanks for the advice. I thought about building my own 6" lift and running 22x11x8 tires I found for about $245. Does that make any sence? I looked at how the lifts are make and there isnt much to them and I have access to alot of heavy steel. Just Dont want the lift/wheels to make the cart really narrow and tall and want to tip over, or am I over analizing this. Has anyone done this before and has there been any clerance issues? Just throwing around ideas before I settle on something.
If you have the tools and talent, build it, it's only time. The front is only blocks with plates on the top and bottom. Just make sure the plates are lined up perfectly or it could throw your front end off. The blocks welded to the plates will need center holes in them to fit over the spring bolts, Then a couple u-bent strapes from 1/4 for the front spring shackles. The rear lift is just 2 pieces of tubing welded together, one the inside diameter of the coil and 1 the outside dia so that it inserts inside the coil. Then straight steel like the old time shakel lifts for leaf springs for the shock mounts.Or build them a little better as I didn't really like them. I would think about a piece of maybe 1 inch sq tube with flats at the top and bottom. I would think 5 inch would be plenty for 22's I have a 4 inch lift with mine and I wouldn't be afraid to put 22's on mine now.
Oh and you could put a little angle on the front blocks so you wouldn't get that leaned back look like the one pictured above. But that one is a little to much for my taste . Needs bigger wheels, like 12's. JMO
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote