View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 06:33 PM   #15
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 DS flooded by salt water

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Replace the main wire harness, the V-Glide Multi-Step potentiometer needs to be replaced with an MCOR. I wouldn't trust it after it was submerged in salt water. The OBC should be fine. It's sealed and I've never seen one damaged by water before. I recommend the Admiral MOT-A1 motor with an Alltrax XCT500 controller, a heavy duty F&R switch, and 2 gauge cables. This is an incredible setup. All of this is based on the assumption that you have a series car, as most 2000s are.. But it's possible you may have a Regen 2. Do you have a tow/run switch under the seat? Let me know. I'll tell you exactly what you need down to the last zip tie. And as for Irma, she sucks. My wife and I were on a cruise out of Port Canaveral and Irma caused all kinds of problems for us. Nothing of course like what the Florida residents experienced, but I still hate Irma. Glad you are ok. Let me know what you've got and I'll be glad to help.
If you want to upgrade as well as just getting it going, I hope you took David up on his offer of help. There's no-one better to have in your corner! You'll get good prices on the components from him also.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote