View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Where is my 12 volt converter

Take the dash off and find it!
What kind of custom dash is it? There are only so many places for screws to hold the dash on. That cant take more than 10-15 minutes to take the screws out and pop the dash off.
I can say from experience that a golf cart is 1000 times easier to pull a dash out of than the car or truck in your driveway. It doesn’t take a cosmonaut to figure it out.

All of the wiring in a precedent runs under the rubber floor mat. There are channels in the plastic floor tub where all the wires fit. Take out the two torx screws on the right side and pull the mat out from under the kick panel. Roll it towards the drivers side of the cart and you’ll see where any wiring goes. If the red wire from your radio harness goes under the floor you’ll see it, follow it back into the battery compartment and you might find your converter there, if it has one.
Usually converters are installed on the upright steel suspension brace facing toward the front of the cart. Under the front with a flashlight and look up and back toward the center of the cart.

You said there’s a wire going to your key switch. That usually is for a converter and means the converter is key activated, it will not put out any voltage unless the key is on.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote