View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #11
rhinomike
Getting Wild

Default Re: Heavy Duty Rearend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastbuggy View Post
I have a friend that loads his with people and about 120 ice cold miller lites and has never had a problem. 2K sounds a bit high to me but i guess with shop labor being around 90+ an hour it adds up quick. I guess he did suggest putting a new one in.
Yes.... I had to put a new one in.... Over the weekend I pulled it apart to add more Bearing Lock to the bearing. I thought I got the C Clip on all the way.... but I didnt. It came off. I cant beleive it. I have had both sides apart 10+ times. The axle slapped arounnd and did a little damage. It was buggered up in there. I couldnt get the oil seal in or get the bearing to sit in far enough to put the c clip back in..... So something had to be done. I could save about $700.00 and do a stock rear end.... But I think the upgrade will be good.

We put 6 people in the cart. I am 6 foot 2 and 300 pounds. My wife is small. With all 4 teenage boys we are about 1000 pounds. Add 2 batteries in the bag well and the rear seat. Also I have wide offset wheels. That adds leverage and pressure to the axles and bearings.
rhinomike is offline   Reply With Quote