View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
n3phf2
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default !997 Club car, no solenoid click,

Serial number A9741-613102.

The original problem was a bad solenoid. I used a used 36v to test as the original one clicked but no connection between the 2 large post. So I temporarily use the 36v to test. It worked fine. Then my friend went out and bought the right solenoid but forgot how to hook it up. When I went to look at it,the diode was shorted on the new solenoid. I replaced the diode and tried to hook up what I thought was correct. The small terminals on the solenoid, the minus side of the diode, hooked the blue/white wire to it, and all the other, 4 or 5 small wires with small hole connectors I put on the positive side. The large post, the B+ went to the one large post along with 3 or 4 other big hole connectors that had small wires on it, and on the other post I hooked the only other large wire, i think it was white to it. No click now. I measured 48v from the positive side of the solenoid diode, using the Battery for a ground. The problem seems to be the blue/white wire has no ground. Also, If I jump the larger post on the solenoid, the cart still does not go. I am thinking there is a ground broke or maybe a bad controller. Does the controller have a fused ground that is possible open from being hooked up wrong? All the diagrams I see have a tow switch, this one does not. It has a forward/reverse switch and a controller that has a large connector on it with over a dozen small wires going into it, including the blue/white from the negative on solenoid. I have been trying to get the correct diagram. I also would like a troubleshooting flow chart if possible. This all worked fine and was just a bad solenoid, until my friend tried to change it himself. Now it is dead. I am not 100% sure I have it wired correctly, but I think I do. The new solenoid is good. I put 48 volt direct on the coil side and it keyed up. and the contact was made between the post, but the cart still no moved. HELP Please.

Greg Kerr
724-541-8033

I wish the owner would have just let me buy the part and put it in. But no, handy man he is not!
n3phf2 is offline   Reply With Quote