View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 03:01 PM   #10
SC Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Solar anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoddjohnson View Post
This isn’t exactly an “Extreme DC” question, but I figured this would be the most appropriate forum.

It has been a while since solar charging has been discussed on BGW. Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) with any particular solar chargers? I’m contemplating getting the 100W Universal Kit made by SolarEvSystems to put on a Yamaha G29. My use case is somewhat unique and I figure 100W is enough juice, I’m more interested in the quality of the kits that are available.

My use case is that the cart gets parked for long periods of time without access to electricity. I always leave the cart fully charged but times are changing and I’m no longer able to make sure the cart gets a proper charge every few weeks. I anticipate that the new norm is going to be 3 to 4 months between charges. I figure since the cart will be sitting in the sun I’d like to have mother nature keep the batteries fully charged rather than letting them deteriorate.

Any thoughts?

TJ
We have been using our solar charging systems on many of our customers carts for over the past 5 years with great results. Our customers do exactly what you are saying in that they charge their cart fully before they leave it, and when they come back to use it, it has stayed fully charged.

Now with that being said there is no solar charging system that will fit on the top of a golf cart roof that would deep cycle charge your carts batteries. However so long as you can give the cart a full charge before you park it, and it is sitting in the sun you will most certainly keep the cart charged and your batteries happy, happy, happy!
SC Carts is offline   Reply With Quote