View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: $300 to $400 and get 26 MPH

BRS,

Thank you for your comments. I just figured to do the reverse to see what the PQ motor really could do with a stock controller and with its sensor modified along with no REGEN. I also felt that a wire upgrade wasn’t necessary at this point for the following reasons. I calculated using an online wire and resistance calculator, http://www.stealth316.com/2-wire-resistance.htm that for up to 5 feet of #4 wire vs 5 feet of #6 wire the voltage drop at 400 amps is only .28 volts. The actual resistance between the 2 wires for a length of 5 feet is .0007 Ohms which is an extremely small difference. Even if the length was doubled I’m sure only a small gain could be realized. As far as the heat factor, resistance should play the biggest part and it’s minimal, (based on true Ohm calculations.) Now if I was using this cart in extreme situations such as WOT or in mud or hills I'd want to do everything I could to reduce heat for both controller and wiring.

Now for today’s quick run… heading into the wind it held on to high 24’s so I’ll assume that should be my bottom speed on level ground, worst case. Now may I ask what you get for speed out of your 95 CC before I accept your racing challenge? You’re more than welcome to test my CC anytime since you’re in the area.
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote