View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 48v cc solenoid will not click

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzafed View Post
I posted a message on the "introduction" page by mistake. can it be moved here? Sorry I am new to this....
I help maintain a fleet of 5 2003 Club Car carts that are all identical. The model number for one of the carts is AQ0340-332417. All of the connections I have checked appear to be clean and solid. I am having a problem with several carts where the solenoid does not close so we are not getting power to the motor. We obtained the carts in 2005 and most have had the batteries replaced since we have been using them. We are a non-profit and have very limited funds for repairs.

Where should I start? I have been trying to trace the blue wire and the black-white stripe wire that go to the solenoid, but I have not been able to find the exact wire diagram that matches our carts. I think these wires close the solenoid to allow the power to flow. The diagram posted here is very close, but it has differences and the colors are wrong for the wires.

The symptoms are the same on three of the carts where the potentiometer will click but the solenoid does not click and therefore the cart will not go. I tapped the solenoid on two of the carts and they have been running since. On the third cart the tap on the solenoid did not help. This cart was running fine and after turning it off it will not run now. What is the probable cause? I am beginning to think I have the same problem on several carts with different causes.... Help.... Thank You
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote