View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #49
03Villager
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: $300 to $400 and get 26 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
After reading many threads I decided I wanted to try my hand at adding more speed to my 2006 Precedent. When I purchased it from a Club Car dealer it was "Like" a Gold Standard" except they did it themselves. Speed Code 4 was part of the deal as well. When I got it in November they didn't receive from Club Car the upgrade to Code 4 so I used it while it was on the 14.6 MPH setting. With the 22x11x10 tires I was getting a solid 18.9 MPH. When I finally got the speed code 4 I only got a bit more speed, 20.4 consistent. I read about one member here that did a AllTrax Controller, ($400,) first and got around 20-21MPH. Then he exchanged his stock motor for a Plum Quick Motor upgrade and got 26.1 MPH with stock #6 wires. So I figured that since Plum Quick Motors for IQ’s come with Regen braking disabled and a Speed Code 4, (around $100 if you had a dealer do it for you,) I’d see what I could get in top speed and hopefully more torque. After just 1 hour on removal and install combined, following Robby Steen’s suggestions on removal and installation I got around my neighborhood block, mostly in the shape of a circle with no real straight away a solid 25.5 and peaking at 25.8. Trust me when I tell you if I had a straight away 26+MPH will be in the bag! My actual cost was $225 for the motor, $50 for No Core Exchange, (I’m keeping my original motor,) and $25 in shipping for a total of $300. So the way I figure it, going to a Speed Code 4 from the factory at around $100 and getting a Steen Plum Quick Motor for $300 you’ll get over 25MPH for around $400, the price of the AllTrax alone. The pedal response is amazing from a gentle slow to full out with no flat spots and tons of torque. And boy do I like the Regen turned off! I’m attaching some pictures as well. I can’t thank Robby enough for his time on the phone and addressing my concerns over stock wires, controller, etc.
Hey ScubaBud I found your thread on the search engine here. I read the whole thread and numerous others. I wanted to check in with you to make sure your mod will work on my 2003 Club Car Villager. I saw from another thread that it is a 4 IQ (serial number is FQ0314-******). This is the most speed for the cheapest price I have found on here so far. If anyone else has done this or has any other suggestions I would appreciate hearing them!
03Villager is offline   Reply With Quote