View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #10
geoffw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battle of the Clones Dyno run write-up (surprising)

One of these days, I will put the theory to the test and build a V-twin cart. They are definately torquey but it comes at a much higher cost. Alot of it is in the clutch.

Torque makes a huge difference with pulling,climbing and getting the cart moving, however, you have to remember that we have 12:1 gears and a CVT to assist in the torque department. The only v-twin cart I have been in had a 6" lift and 23s on it with a 24hp vanguard. I can tell you without question that my built 420 would destroy it but its been a few years so I cant recall how it would compare with the stock un-cammed clones.

I think the other main reason I like the clones is because you can run them in a bone stock cart.

-Geoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
No disrespect guys but 300lb 7000rpm 22 go cart HP is not the same as 900lb golf cart hp. TORQUE is whats required in a big block. Something a single banger just cant do.

Takes me back to the day a guy pulled in with a 350 ezgo with 295 head running nitrous. Told me it put out 18-20 hp. I pulled out my wifes yard cart with a stock 18 vanny with low tone muffler and said line er up. He was so far behind me I thought his cart stalled. I will kiss your butt under the main stop light in town if your 22hp clone is within 100 feet of a STOCK 18hp vanguard in a 1/8 mile. Oh yeah I'll give ya 2 hours to draw a crowd.
geoffw is offline   Reply With Quote