View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 08:13 AM   #1
Keperkey
Not Yet Wild

Default Rear Receiver Hitch

I am building a sporting clays cart using a 2014 G29. It will have a Jakes Long Travel lift and a rear seat. I am trying to sort through the rear hitch.

One option is to buy the Mad Jax kit that mounts to the rear frame and then use an extension to get it closer to the back of the footrest on the seat.

If you are not familiar the Mad Jax sandwiches the rear frame with 2 plates approximately 4" wide with 2 through bolts. I am wondering since the receiver extension will be 15" or so long, with the leverage this will put on the frame if I would be better off building a hitch from scratch with angle or channel to connect to the cart frame. It seems I could make a wide bracket that would be more securely attached.

Another option would be to simply buy a bolt on RV style hitch. The ones I have seen are wider and appear stronger that the Mad Jax, but still not as wide as a custom build would be.

Thoughts on what is adequate but not overkill.

Primary uses will be to move unloaded 5.5"x10" trailer around yard, rear step, and perhaps a cooler carrier.

Thanks!
Keperkey is offline   Reply With Quote