View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Pipsta
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cart won't start after turning off

Mine's a key start. I initially thought it was the start/gen, even though it was just replaced with a rebuilt one, that's where the symptoms lead me at least. After more testing today that's what it seems like it is. With the key on and system activated by turning to 'start' I got power everywhere it needs to be including 12.2 volts to the start/gen but no turning, just a solenoid click. There must be a fault inside the unit and fortunately the thing is still under warranty. The only problem is getting a hold of the guy for him to replace the thing by the end of the day so I can drive tonight and tomorrow night.

Busy weekend and I will miss out on hundreds of dollars if I can't. I got a hold of his brother who is his biz partner and the guy with most of the experience in golf carts. Told him who I was and what's up. He said 'oh yeah, we'll take care of it'. I told him about my time issue and he said he remembered me and my deal and will get in touch with his brother to let him know.

I guess we'll see. I called around and can't find another start/gen available anywhere that's open today. Kinda frustrated to say the least....
Pipsta is offline   Reply With Quote