View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 10:04 AM   #3
UnclePirate
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: VIN location on melex 512 E?

The 512 E began in 1992 IIRC. You could be right, I haven't found a VIN on it. But unfortunately, that doesn't help in itself. The process for getting a bonded title for it requires a title/lien search which requires a VIN, then an inspection and assessment by MVD. Based on their assessed value, I would then have to put up a bond for 1.5 times that value. I guess I will have to talk with MVD about it again. When I bought it, I thought I would be able to get a builder's title. They told me that I would have had to have built it from "ground up." I am building it from ground up, but not according to the person I spoke with. I knew about builder's titles from a BIL that built motorcycles. Though he never built a frame from scratch. Maybe New Mexico and Arizona differs on that.

Operating on a golf course, I highly doubt it has ever been registered, but did it come with a title? That, I just don't know.

Monday, I guess I will go to MVD rather than a phone call. Though, I'm not yet willing to trailer the cart down there. Though, if that is what I have to do, I want to do it sooner rather than later making their assessment of value as low as possible.

Thanks for your reply.
UnclePirate is offline   Reply With Quote