View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
sontag1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I fixed my 1982 G1 carb - Throttle Shaft Hole

Yes it worked. I am able to run the cart with no choke at all.

The thing I used as the 'new bushing' is a very common wire connector in residential or commercial construction, and any electrician would know what it is called. You can find it on the shelf at Home Depot or Lowes by the wire nuts. Just take a good look at the picture 10, and you would be able to spot it on the shelf. I do not know what it is called though. As soon as I had the shaft out of the carb body and I saw the old bushing, I knew what I needed. I just happened to have a couple laying around the garage. Of course, they were in one of those clear packages and I had thrown away the label.

I have turned wrenches most of my life (out or necessity), but I am a complete noob at this small engine stuff. I know that my cart still needs some serious tweaking to get it where I want it, but it is running about twice a fast as it did before the repair (i drilled the arm on the gov after I fixed the carb) and no choke at all. I was having to run full choke to get it to do anything yesterday. I wired the butterfly in the exhaust open and did a muffler BBQ too.
sontag1 is offline   Reply With Quote