View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 EZGO no spark

You should be able to have your coil tested at Autozone. If it's bad I would use a regular 12V automotive coil. Some people don't like that but I've had absolutely no problems with it. It could also be your ignitor, pulsar, or as Russell said, your sparkplug can be fouled. Check the plug by removing it, hook it up to the wire, and lay the metal part of the plug against bare metal on the engine block. Crank the engine over (Wheels on stands) and you should get a good blue spark.

If you have a good coil and your plug looks nice and clean, try a new plug wire. If still nothing you might have a bad igniter. This is expensive and there's no way to test it besides putting it on another cart that you know runs. There's a great work around for this though. You switch it to an HEI module for a GM which costs about $15. This is down the road though. Check your plug, coil, and wire. And if you run into anything that you don't get or doesn't seem right, stop right there and ask questions. We are here and we can help.

As far as the oil injector, mix your fuel at 125:1 and get rid of that thing. Make sure and plug the hole in the intake where the line ran to. If it fails you won't know until you've burnt up your engine.

As far as model, we need the numbers. There should be a plate somewhere up front under the dash I believe.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote