View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 04:29 PM   #13
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Lithium Pack Comparison Chart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun000 View Post
Added the Relion Batteries to the list. As I reported, the following is what I experienced with the Roypow addition:

Previous setup: 2017 Onward, 215/40/12 tires, 48V system with 6ea 8V batteries, Curtis controller M/N 1515-5206 (code 4), OEM solenoid & OEM EJ8-4001A 3.3hp motor. Results - max 19 mph and very reliable. Batteries close to the end of their life so I decided to go Lithium and change controller for more speed and torque.

New setup: Same cart and tires, Roypow S51105 lithium battery, Alltrax XCT48400 controller, MZJ-400A solenoid, same motor. Results - immediately noticed a torque and speed increase. The top end speed now is 25+mph and torque is beyond my expectations. The issue that I experienced the first day was a slight re-occurring hesitation at full throttle. I have since recalibrated my Alltrax to Sergio's recommended custom throttle and speed settings. All is great expect for rarely I push the pedal with no response - I release the pedal and push again - it works. If anyone has a solution - please respond.

The overall first time mileage to report is 3 rounds of golf with one mile travel to and from the course results in 6 bars on the SOC meter, thus approx. two bars per 10 miles on various speeds and somewhat of a slight hilly course. Hope this helps.
Not sure if this is your issue but pushing the pedal down w/ no response could be that the controller is missing the throttle switch clicking on. I know the Navitas has a setting for "minimum throttle voltage" and typically that should be set just higher than where the MCOR switch clicks on. In my experience, the MCOR switches switch ON at a slightly higher voltage than they click back OFF, so you may want to investigate that, but setting the minimum throttle voltage higher may solve your problem (assuming your MCOR is working correctly).

Good luck with it.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote