View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 06:47 PM   #22
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Speed link 4 Precedent Golf Cart SpeedyLink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminde View Post
I just made on of these its a divide by 1.5 or 2 setup. its just a chip that takes in 2 pulses and puts out one pulse from the speed sensor, you can also use a unipolar hall effect device rather than a bypolar hall effect in your speed sensor. it does work I went from 12 to 21 not much power works great going down hill, also takes off regen so going down hill there is no motor breaking!!
its rather high priced put you money somewhere else.
i like your style gaminde!

i speculated one these could be built with a 4000 series logic ic back a few months or so ago. link. my cart is a series cart, so i never built one up to test. but ya, i picked the CD4013BE because of it's 18v limit.

do the connectors have a manufacturer's name/part number stamped on them? if they are the same manuf as the mcor plug, i helped someone here source the pins sometime back. i'll try to dig it up.

the other thought i had was to use a µC with a pot or rotary encoder to make the amount of "boost" continuously variable. it could even be used to limit the speed below 12mph for kids or other liability concerns.

good stuff!
-sj
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cd4013b (2).pdf (1.20 MB, 85 views)
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote