View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
lithiumsupplement
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 1986 Yamaha Sun Classic Lithium Conversion Help

Hello, about a year and a half ago I got a lot of help (which I really appreciate) from this forum in converting a 48V Club Car DS from lead acid to lithium (chevy volt). I learned a lot from that project and had great time puttering around town, nearly every day. Unfortunately it was stolen from my driveway a couple weekends ago so yesterday I picked up an electric Sun Classic G3 for $1000 in not terrible shape.

I saw that the motor is rated 0.5 HP or 2.2K so that will need to be upgraded, by a lot!

I have the following ambitions for this cart, it would be great if you all could help me figure out how to meet them:

1. Go at least 30 mph, and be able to quickly climb steep hills with 4 passengers
2. Range of at least 15 miles
3. Ideally require minimal rewiring of existing electric components (lights, horn, blinker, anything else?)
4. Be relatively simple to achieve.
5. Spend less than ~$2.5K on the conversion.

Question 1: What motor should I purchase for this little cart?
Question 2: Recommendations on batteries, bms, and charger. Simplicity is optimal when possible.
Question 3: Recommendations for dc to dc converter, controller, and any other parts I may need.

Lastly, I'd like to get some spiffier wheels/tires. Any advice there would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance. - Vlad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-7411.jpg (621.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-7412.jpg (466.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-7414.jpg (533.5 KB, 0 views)
lithiumsupplement is offline   Reply With Quote