View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #3
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Default Re: "83 EZGO Fuel delivery issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
Hello Motorman and welcome to the forum. Your problem could be several issues but it is most likely that your donor crankcase had worn seals. This prevents the crankcase from oscillation between vacuum and pressure and prevents the fuel pump from working. (Incidentally the compression as measured at the spark plug orifice has no bearing on the crankcase pressure). Unfortunately an electric pump will have no effect as the crankcase oscillations are also needed to suck fuel from the carburetor and then transfer it from the crankcase to the cylinder.
You cannot get to the front seal as the flywheel is in the way but the rear seal is accessible so you could try getting someone to crank the engine whilst you sprayed the seal with WD40. If it tries to start or even starts you have found your culprit. Safety warning. Get the back end on axle stands or remove the drive belt. Watch you fingers in there.

Dave
Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. The drive belt is already off but thanks for the warning! I will try lubricating the seals. I should disclose that I reused the old gasket between the jug and the crankcase. I am now thinking that could be an issue?? Thanks again and thanks for the welcome.
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote