View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 04:55 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bit the bullet Leaf Lithium build

I agree with you 100%. On my cart, regen is a non-issue as I don't have that "option" on my cart. (Brakes are required on any downhill....it's all free-wheeling!!)

The overcharge is controlled via charger settings and the undercharge is controlled via killing power to the key switch using an interlock circuit once the undervolt cutoff setting is reached.

For my area, Southwest Pennsylvania, the hottest temps that I will be dealing with is high 80's (when hotter I just don't go out) and the low's can be in the high teens....but usually in the mid 20's to high 30's in "hunting season." FWIW

I believe I have the basic understanding to build this system and make it safe....or I would not do it. That being said I will still post questions that at face, may appear dumb......but I ask the same questions (at times) more than one way so that my understanding of the issues is complete....or at least for me.

I'm not even close to being an engineer. My "trade" was CPA\tax. Math I can do.....understanding comes to me via visual drawings with reading more than just reading. Unless it's tax code!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote