View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
hawk-er
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Junk speed controller or solenoid/resistors issue? no "0 speed" instant ~1/2 throttle

Got this par car super cheap and being its my first cart I am having trouble troubleshooting this one issue. Wondering if anyone else has had this same issue or if it is a common problem for these speed controllers to fail, if that’s event he problem.
As soon as the video starts I turn a makeshift ignition key to on and Immediately the wheels have power and are turning pretty fast. Speed controller is unmounted and the magnetic actuating arm is not even in contact with the controller, yet its at at least half power. This DOES NOT seem right. I’ve never seen a speed controller that has its contacts actuated by a magnet but to me it would seem without any magnetic contact at all it should be in the “off” position not sending power to the motor. But that leads me to believe it could be an issue with one of the solenoids/resistors and not the speed controller, you can hear the 3 solenoid clicks and speed increase as I’m manually actuating the controller in the video.
So just wondering if these controllers (magnetic arm set up) is known to be junk and that is the problem or is it a problem with one of the solenoids/resistors?
I have tested continuity of all solenoids and resistor solenoids and none of them are "frozen" open so im not sure where such immediate power to the motor is coming from?????

any insight is much appreciated.
hawk-er is offline   Reply With Quote