View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: 2013 RXV Curtis: Throttle wiper fault

This car has no SOC meter at all so that rules that out. New controller has same fault. I'm guessing by speed encoder you mean the inductive sensor because the encoder bearing isn't used on Curtis versions, right? I was going to try that tomorrow but it seems quite unlikely to cause a Throttle Wiper error, but Curtis RXVs are just weird to me. TXT48 and anything using a Sepex is fine but the Curtis RXV is just, odd.

Mapped throttle remains frozen at -100%, while command throttle is frozen at 0% no matter the position of the go pedal. As stated not sure if symptom of fault or cause. The replacement sensors are Nivel #8004, the only throttle pot they list for RXV. I checked to see if Curtis variants have another but doesn't seem that's the case.

In Tow and N (on) brake releases, you can push in either direction a foot then the regen stops you, you feel resistance. Sometimes, in N(on) the car twitches back and forth a bit all on its own as if haunted.

hanks for helping. We are located in Owensboro, KY, a place called Tony's Carts & Parts. We have existed since 2007 but if you show up, you're gonna be surprised we can do what we do give the primitive state of our shop.

Also, pardon my asking, but it seems we can get a Curtis 1313K handheld, that has color screen and everything, but no one can tell us if it offers OEM access or can do the speed hacks you say are possible on the Curtis controllers. We keep getting runaround from FSIP. they can sell us the handheld but I'd like to know before shelling out that kind of money if its just lipstick on a 1311 pig or actually does stuff
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote