View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 10:34 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 RXV Curtis: Throttle wiper fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
This car has no SOC meter at all so that rules that out. New controller has same fault. I'm guessing by speed encoder you mean the inductive sensor because the encoder bearing isn't used on Curtis versions, right? I was going to try that tomorrow but it seems quite unlikely to cause a Throttle Wiper error, but Curtis RXVs are just weird to me. TXT48 and anything using a Sepex is fine but the Curtis RXV is just, odd.

Mapped throttle remains frozen at -100%, while command throttle is frozen at 0% no matter the position of the go pedal. As stated not sure if symptom of fault or cause. The replacement sensors are Nivel #8004, the only throttle pot they list for RXV. I checked to see if Curtis variants have another but doesn't seem that's the case.

In Tow and N (on) brake releases, you can push in either direction a foot then the regen stops you, you feel resistance. Sometimes, in N(on) the car twitches back and forth a bit all on its own as if haunted.

hanks for helping. We are located in Owensboro, KY, a place called Tony's Carts & Parts. We have existed since 2007 but if you show up, you're gonna be surprised we can do what we do give the primitive state of our shop.

Also, pardon my asking, but it seems we can get a Curtis 1313K handheld, that has color screen and everything, but no one can tell us if it offers OEM access or can do the speed hacks you say are possible on the Curtis controllers. We keep getting runaround from FSIP. they can sell us the handheld but I'd like to know before shelling out that kind of money if its just lipstick on a 1311 pig or actually does stuff
Even with the newer handset, you are limited in what you can do. It takes a laptop with the right software, set up the right way, and the right interface cable to do more.

The throttle and brake use encoders, not pots. The same with the motor speed encoder. Even the newer one is a dual channel speed encoder with 2 outputs. Now that you mentioned the Mapped Throttle is at -100%, that indicates a problem not related to the throttle encoder input itself. Another input is influencing mapping. Check the status of the reverse beeper. Make sure it is connected and able to operate. If that is an issue, it affects the Motor Speed Encoder inputs, which can influence mapping. I just had this issue with a controller that a member mailed to me. He had cut the reverse beeper from his RXV, which killed the Danaher controller. He did the Curtis upgrade, and the missing reverse beeper damaged the Curtis. I had to do a bit of reprogramming to bypass the damage and clear the errors so that the controller could pass the powerup test and operate again.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote