View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 08:10 AM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: 2013 RXV Curtis: Throttle wiper fault

I saw mentioned in another thread i made about Precedents that some handhelds can change values to zero or something, look at my Anti Tamper Fault thread, as it has stopped a car that came in originally for front end alignment issues (they hit a tree) from running period, and it is a fault not listed in any Curtis manual i can find. Someone said you can disable that fault by changing some value to zero in a handheld but mine does not give the programming menu.

Just curious what the 1313 can do that the 1311 cannot. Such as make this particular RXV pass the power up test and run (it does make it to the twist test and passes that, if in run and FWD or REVERSE, and the backup alarm does work in reverse, Also not getting a fault from that, but hitting gas does nothing, no click, no go.

Encoder to me translates to the bearing encoder in the old RXV, or the inductive sensor on top of the motor on the newer ones, and yes, they go bad quite often, but have never caused a throttle error that I have ever seen, usually it does not run at all. I would suggest that that is working as when in TOW and N (on) pushing the car it tries to stop you, implying that the sensor is at least detecting movement and stopping the car, almost like roll away prevention, but in TOW that's odd.

I have tried three throttle rheostats (that is what they appear to be to me) the rotary ones that attach to the side of the assembly with two t20 torx screws, no change. tried using their brake rheostat same issue, tried unplugging both sensors and got both throttle and brake wiper fault, so it seems the controller is detecting an open circuit on the throttle side somewhere. But open circuits do not just magically repair themselves and allow the car to drive at random, and sure does not affect ability to push in TOW mode.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote