View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 09:34 PM   #3
aczlan
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 TXT DCS w/Curtis controller will not move after being towed in run mode

Lets see if the 3rd time is a charm and if this goes through without a "security token expired" error losing everything I typed this time.

I talked to Curtis and they said that its likely fried and recommended FSIP to rebuild it. Looking I see three options:
1. Have FSIP (or someone else) rebuild it, should be $190ish plus shipping
Should be plug and play, but risk the same damage in the future and still no low voltage cutoff

2. Order a Curtis 1205M-5603 from Nocoev for $280ish
Pluses: Can set low voltage cutoff, could be reprogrammed (would need a programmer), makes possible future upgrades if I wanted to. Might be able to sell the controller as a rebuildable core?
Cons: Will need to rewire, would want to find the male side of the molex connector so it was plug and play vs cutting wires.

3. Order a Chinese Curtis 1205M-5603 from Alibaba or eBay for $160ish
Pluses: Can set low voltage cutoff, could be reprogrammed (would need a programmer), makes possible future upgrades if I wanted to. Might be able to sell the controller as a rebuildable core?
Cons: Possible Chinese QC issues, will need to rewire, would want to find the male side of the molex connector so it was plug and play vs cutting wires.

Anyone have any thoughts on any of these options?

This cart has a rear bench, 20x8.00R10 tires and 4 gauge wires, otherwise its stock. It sees small hills and 4 adults on it from time to time.

Aaron Z
aczlan is offline   Reply With Quote