View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
OU4LIFE
Sooner Faithful

E-Z-GO

Default Starting project for a first timer, 95 Medalist rebuild

I recently inherited a 95 Medalist from my grandfather and am starting the rebuild process. I've read a TON of the info on this site and others that has been incredibly helpful, so thanks for that.

Progress so far, I've pretty much completely deconstructed the cart down to the frame. I've left the suspension on the front and rear along with the rear end but everything else is removed.

End goal, update with all new parts(new for the most part), lift it, AC power it and make it new again. I've already acquired a 06 body in pretty good shape that I plan to repaint. I'm hoping to have it ready for next spring.

Some observations: Wow, the information here is overwhelming at times. Just so much to go through. While all of it is great, sometimes I just have to step away for a while and recenter what I'm looking for...I get interested in SO many threads and get lost. :)

Could there BE any more rivets on an EZ-GO? Do they have some kind of pact with a rivet company somewhere, sheez. Putting this thing back together shoudl be interesting.

Has anyone updated an older cart to new skins like this before? Is there any pitfalls to be looking for? I'm looking to likely add a Jake's spindle lift(6"), and while I know it will move the front wheels slightly forward and out some, how can you manage to keep the wheel and tire offset the same from front to rear? I don't want it to be wider in the front than the rear. Is this even something I have to worry about?

As I say, this is my first ever project like this and I'm having some fun with it so far and am open to any tips or tricks any of you have that can help me avoid some mistakes that I'm SURE to make.

Thanks for the time and what a great community.

Mark
OU4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote