View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 06:37 PM   #6
shibbershabber
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 88 G2 gas... BS mechanic?

***UPDATE***

IT LIVES!

So the mechanic was full of ****. Was dead set on it being the igniter... which he then called back and said he couldn’t find one and they were bringing the cart back.

I had a couple of free hours today so I went and messed with it.

When I first started working on it I noticed a wire that went nowhere, but the end was extremely corroded and worn.... I figured as bad as it looked, it had been that way for a while and if it ran before like that, it should run now.

But it was my last hope. I traced it back into the harness... but decided to try and find where the OTHER end was, because it had to connect to something at some point, right?

No luck... couldn’t find any other loose ends. Until I looked down at the floor and saw the old positive battery cable.... and at one end there was a lead, Looking inside it was as corroded and miserable as my mystery wire.

I scabbed in a wire real quick, from the loose end to the POS side of the solenoid..... it fired right up! Well, sort of... runs like **** but it’s moving.

I believe it’s the wire that supplies power to the key switch.

So this weekend I’ll put in a proper wire and clean up the harnesses I cut open... and then get to work on making it run better.
shibbershabber is offline   Reply With Quote