View Single Post
Old 08-30-2021, 09:35 AM   #6
SHADAMS
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New member, dads old txt cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
They probably stalled the motor and kept the pedal down until all the magic smoke came out of something. So it should be on the high current side, the low current (smaller wires and switches) should be ok. The high current side (motor, controller, big cables and solenoid) would be what I would look at to find the problem.

I would test the motor. If you go here and scroll down 7/8ths of the way it show you how to easily test the motor.

If the motor is bad you can take the motor to any decent motor/alternator rebuild place they can refurb it or you can send it off to get rebuilt by a business that specializes in golf cart motor rebuilds (like Plum Quick).
Thanks for the info, I dropped the controller off at a shop down the street for testing, the other stuff Ill look at those links. If the controller is bad, Im considering a package deal I found off a link someone posted in the stickies, controller, motor, solenoid, wiring kit etc. Looking it over, it needs some work, but nothing major, leaf spring bushings, shocks, and tie rod ends. So far...
SHADAMS is offline   Reply With Quote