View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 AM   #20
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Shorter Belts

I have posted this info before but I decided to include it in this sticky because it is a very worth while mod. also I know Glenn will be happy about it.

This is an alternative mod for those who don't want to spend the big bucks on on buying the 28deg clutch

The 28 degree driven clutch comes standard on the ST utility trucks, it is made for load hauling and pulling power, and to compensate for larger tires. I can't think of any cons at all to it, it's really the best way to improve your low end power. If you don't feel like spending alot for a 28deg clutch you can change just the cam on the 36 degree driven clutch to a 28 degree cam. This is provided your clutch is in good shape to start with. check to see which cam your driven clutch already has before buying the parts for this mod. the normal txt clutch cam has 36 degree ramps on the cam, it will have a 36 stamped on the back of them (closest part to the rear end housing). The 28deg and has 28 stamped on it. The steeper angle on the cam makes it harder for the clutch to open thus keeping it in a lower gear longer.

The 28 degree cam, and buttons can be bought from ezgo.
E-Z-GO part #'s are
1 each - 72329-G01 Cam
3 each - 72324-G01 Button
use 120 degrees of preload, and the middle spring setting.
Thanks to ezgomike for this great info