View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #27
mybadomen
Getting Wild

Default Re: Help with Yamaha Golf Cart please.

Thinking just selling it might be a better option :( Just thought i was getting a great deal because a cart like this goes almost 2500. in my area working of course. I have searched this forum,Google you name it and have found nothing like my problem. Even reverse goes the same speed crawl. And i read those tests but i really dont understand them to well. I tested what i could with my fluke meter like batter voltages . I have voltage at the solenoid at both sides butr i believe i read this is normal although one side gives me 38 volts the other 37. This is after running the cart for a bit so the batteries were not even fully charged.

I really am thinking of tearing the Motor apart.

also can i use any solenoid for a cart or are they all different. My old resistor EZ-GO has a solenoid i could try but they look completely different.

I either have a bad reverse/forward switch
bad Brushes in the Motor
Bad solenoid
or bad controller

if its the controller i am done anyway as i cant afford one of those but from what i was told they either work or dont. (Not sure how true that is)

I so wish i had knowledge of carts as i know electronics well but Golf carts make no sense to me at all. I really wanted to get into them and start Modding them like you guys do because i can paint well and make just about anything from metal. But a dead cart gets me know where.

I know you guys are helping and i highly appreciate it but is it time to just take a loss and dump this cart? So far my enjoyable experience with it have been nothing but a nightmare. I rebuilt everything in my EZ-GO with no issues at all with help from this forum but wasting every day and switching batteries back and forth daily is really taking a toll on me :( I just wish someone with any cart in the world had the same symptoms so i knew where to look.
mybadomen is offline   Reply With Quote