View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #19
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Anyone know anything about this lithium seller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
Since it is for a hunting cart he suggested I may need the 60ah batts because of the 10c rating. I didn’t get to discuss that with him but now I’m wondering about it. I’ve googled what I can on it but still not following it. What’s a simple explanation? It would save a good bit of cash to buy the 100 ah 6c set instead of two 60ah 10c set
100ah at 6C means it can safely have a 600 amp load on the cells. I don't know what the time duration is on that, but it should be fine for a cart.
60ah at 10C means it can safely have a 600 amp load on the cells... You multiply the C rating by the Ah.

But, more ah will give you more range. Since you are working with a hunting cart you'll probably want range too... For this reason alone I would think you'd want 100ah or more. Maybe there is some other reason he recommended the 60ah cells?

Is your controller 36v or 48v?

If your cart is 36v and these cells say they are good fro 3.0 to 3.65v, you can use an 11S (11 cells in series) pack that's 33.0v when dead to 40.15v when at max. On a 36v pack with US Battery normally full charge is 38.5v (or 38.2v for Trojan). If you only charge the lithium to 3.6vpc instead of 3.65 you'll have a 39.6v lithum pack at 11S which should work fine on your stock controller.

My lithium pack is a different chemistry than the cells you showed here. But in general Lithium doesn't like to be overcharged or stored at max charge for any length of time. Lithium also does very poorly with over discharging and any serious heat.

Good luck! It'll be interesting to see what you come up with and how your conversion progresses.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote