View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #4
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 Gas EZGO High Speed Gear install 1:8

Here are the torque specs for the differential. If you have the Fuji Differential manual, they are in there under reassembly.
torque specs Fuji diff.PNG
Pull the original big gear from the freezer, grab a propane torch, and lightly heat up the bearing, then take a couple large box end wrenches, and slide the bearing off. I couldn't get my gear puller under the bearing, and the wrenches could just sneak in under the bearing. As long as you take advantage of thermal expansion, it comes off pretty easy.
20200829_125251.jpg
If you have a press, you might be better off pressing the bearing on the new big gear prior to bolting it in the differential, but I use the back woods method of setting it up level on the shaft, using a socket that is larger than the bearing...flat side down, drop another socket inside the open end of the original socket, flat side up, and use a hammer to tap the bearing down on the shaft. Works for both bearings.

While I was in the differential, I removed the internals of the governor. Three screws, and the weight basket comes off.
20200830_180724.jpg
I also took the shaft and governor fork out of the top half of the case, then used a 7/16 tap and threaded the governor shaft bore, and installed a bolt to seal it up.
20200830_180737.jpg
You can use Permatex or Loctite thread sealer. Below is a photo of all the governor parts I removed.
20200830_180809.jpg
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote