View Single Post
Old 01-29-2022, 08:31 PM   #11
LakePlacidGolfer
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 Precedent conversion to Extreme Team Lithium in 2022

I situated the charger and voltage reducer in the vacant well under the driver's seat.

I cut the 3 prong plug off the charger and wired it directly to a 110v male receptacle mounted to a plastic plate I purchased from Wayne's Golf Carts. Now, I'll be able to plug the extension cord directly to my cart.

The battery is charging now, after I learned the battery has to be turned on to charge it.

I mounted the battery meter on the dash and ran the cable back to the communication port on the battery. The battery was at about 50% when I started charging.

My Extreme Team battery weighs 96 lbs and one of the lead-acid batteries weighs 62 lbs. Six x 62 = 372 lbs, so I'm shedding 276 lbs. of battery weight.

A forum member mentioned the Extreme Team batteries have the Daly BMS, so I downloaded the Smart BMS app from the app store, but my phone will not connect via bluetooth. If anyone has info on how to connect to the BMS via bluetooth, it would be appreciated.

Tomorrow, I'll wire the reducer and fuse block. Then, the accessories will get installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8348.jpg (156.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8346.jpg (144.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8351.jpg (95.8 KB, 0 views)
LakePlacidGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote