View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 08:53 PM   #1
Draconati
Not Yet Wild

Default Expert needed.. Navitas Motor /Controller Upgrade 48v 2003 Club Car DS

I'll start out with the cart info... I have a series 2003 48v Club Car DS, Non-regen, with a 1204-410 controller, OBC, and an MCOR. The cart also has a 6" lift, 23" tires, a full 2ga wire upgrade, and an MZJ400A for future upgrades.

The situation is this. I am basically rebuilding the cart from scratch and was looking to upgrade to the Navitas 25-088 DC to AC kit. I was told by a vendor that this kit doesn't need anything to work with my cart but I also wasn't confident in his knowledge.

First, I have a 1204-410 controller and not the (Curtis 1268/1520) that this kit is compatible with. Then add that it's a Series, non-regen with an MCOR and it gets confusing. Is he correct or am I sacrificing some of the features to get it to work? I am willing to spend the money to get it to work properly but what am I getting into? My cart is very specific and I have read about other versions of Club Car being upgraded (IQ, President, etc..) but can't find anything related to my specific cart. If I’m forced to swap over the cart to an IQ setup, what all do I need or is it even worth it? I know it’s not the easiest questions but any help is Greatly Appreciated! If you know an expert please send them my way. Thanks!

Last edited by Draconati; 10-27-2021 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Adding more specific information and Fixing the title
Draconati is offline   Reply With Quote