Thread: 13hp clone
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #43
Shmitty
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 13hp clone

Here is where I'm at. I found this club car with a bad motor. Cost me $200 bucks!! So I'm thinking SCORE! I tear into the motor and find out that I can't rebuild it. So I start shopping for a factory motor. Yeah $3K not going to happen!

After finding BBG I get the idea to put this 13HP Clone motor in. Seems pretty easy, but I've run into a couple of little issues. 1) Clutch - But called Tom and he took care of it for me. New clutch: $204 shipped. 2) After bolting the motor up, found out I needed to modify the mounting bracket (which I read and figured, but thought I was getting lucky).

So that is where I'm at on it. I purchased wheels, tires and a lift. I have the motor sitting there bolted on the factory mounting plate, just waiting to do the mods.

I chatted with Tom yesterday (which I have to say has been a godsend for questions--PLUG,PLUG) about what belt I would need to put on. So now I'm in research mode to find what other people have done with the clone.

I'll take some pics hopefully tonight. This has been a blast trying to put it together. I am really anxious to get this thing on the road that it's killing me!!

Cart: $200
Motor: $350
Lift and Wheels and Tires: $615
Clutch: $204
Total: $1369

If I was smart I should have bought the whole Kit from Tom and been done by now... Nother plug....
Shmitty is offline   Reply With Quote