View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 07:46 AM   #9
tennbamaman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New G1 Ignition Coil Ground question

As an update; I finally have fire and after squirting premix gas straight into plug hole, engine runs very strong. Not very funny then but very funny now is how the cart took off instantly like a rocket. I knew it was direct drive but it had not been moving while it was turning over so i figured the belt was wore or clutch needed hep.

The problem with the firing was the previous owner had it grounding to the screw going into the motor which was grounding frame. If i touched meter probe to to incoming positive at the ignition and touched the black lead to either pedal and or other things it registered 12 volts just like i had touched it to the negative battery terminal. Once i hooked ground from coil straight into the black harness lead, presto. Spark plug fired great.
Again, Thanks to AGELE55 for his great help and knowledge.

I was so eager last night i pulled carb and had it perfectly clean and ready to go back together and i lost the small internal jet that screws into top side of stem inside carb. Bummer, i really wanted to keep the original carb on there. I know the china ones are cheap but i wanted the Mikuni
tennbamaman is offline   Reply With Quote