View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 12:40 PM   #1
ski-vail
Not Yet Wild

Default lithium conversion Yamaha YDRE

Hello, I own a 2009 Yamaha YDRE 48 volt electric golf cart. I was in need of batteries but none were to be found in my area at this time. The t-1275 are on back-order. I decided to buy a 48volt 60ah lithium battery pack and do a conversion. I have lithium battery and it registers fully charged and 52.8 volts. I hooked it up to my cart and took cart out of tow mode and turned on switch. When I took out of tow mode I heard the famous click of the controller, same thing when I turned the key to "on". I tested lights, blinkers, horn, reverse switch (with backup tone), everything tested OK. I left they key "on" for about 30 min. When I got back nothing was working. I checked battery voltage and there was nothing, no voltage across the positive/negative terminals. I placed in tow mode, disconnected positive lead and checked battery, immediately registered 52.8 volts. Hooked up positive terminal , still tested at 52.8 volts, placed in "run" mode and got "click" and then nothing, Zero voltage out of battery. I'm thinking it could be the battery BMS. But not sure. Any ideas/help will be appreciated!
ski-vail is offline   Reply With Quote