View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
chefdave
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: g16e cutting off and on

I have a G14 with a similar problem and I think it's the controller. You might go through these steps to check it out: wire an analog volt meter to the batteries (36 volts) and watch the meter when the cart cuts off. Mine held steady at 36v. If the voltage drops then you probably have corrosion on one or more of your battery contacts. Also when the cart cuts out, push the accelerator pedal on and off, listening for the solenoid click. If the solenoid clicks and the cart is still cut off - mine was - then the ignition switch, stop switch, and solenoid are working. If it doesn't click then it's probably the stop switch - you can access this by lifting out the floor mat and removing the center floor panel, then check the switch at the connector there (disconnect it first) with an ohmmeter. And the throttle sensor is probably okay too because I would think if it wasn't then mashing the pedal should have some effect. After all that I figure it's down to the controller and the motor. I don't think the motor would have this kind of failure mode, so must be the controller - which is a fairly expensive part - it's tough to shell out that kind of cash not knowing for absolute sure, but that's what I'm about to do.
chefdave is offline   Reply With Quote