View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #10
champy
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Electric yamaha motor?

Hmmm. . . interesting. My clubcar motor fits onto the transaxle of this Yamaha like a glove. The ClubCar motor is much newer and in much better condition. It's also a 48v motor to the Yamaha's 36v and runs at 2800 RPM's to the Yamaha's 2450 (I found that number by Googling the serial number, which it turns out I listed incorrectly here: the first "8" is actually a "B"). The Yamaha G2 manuals that I've been looking at on Yamaha's website seem to indicate that the gear reduction is 13.55:1. That seems like an odd number to me, but for now that's what I'm using in my calculations. Has anyone else put a ClubCar motor onto a Yamaha differential? I admit, I was surprised it worked. I had to trade the original 1/4" fine thread bolts for the 1/4" course thread that the ClubCar motor takes, but since the bolt holes on the drive end aren't threaded, it made no difference. I'm just wondering when I'm going to discover some massive reason that I shouldn't do this. Anyway, anyone have any comments on that Gear Ratio, or why I shouldn't run this axle off my ClubCar 48v motor? Sorry this post is a bit scattered, but please let me know if I'm about to blow up my garage. Thanks. In addition, I would love to know what the highest voltage someone has successfully applied to a 48volt motor might be. (Especially if it's a ClubCar motor)

Last edited by champy; 06-18-2007 at 11:01 PM..
champy is offline   Reply With Quote