View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #26
mayberry32
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New To Me 2014 RXV. I have a few questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by agpfl View Post
This is all a matter of owner preference and not what everyone else thinks. I have both 6" lifted with 23" tires as well as one with 21" tires and no lift. Without question the non lifted one handles better and is more comfortable to drive. The lifted one is faster because of the larger tires but is a handful at faster speeds and is unable to make tight turns. I prefer the lifted look, but if I personally had to choose I would go without a lift. The low profile tires have a much stiffer ride which is fine for the streets, but you feel all the bumps.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
I definitely don't want to go with a 6" lift. I have 3 small kids, a mid sized dog that rides with me all the time, and my wife is only 4'10". So, I don't want the cart that high. While I love the looks, I don't want the instability or rollover risks, especially since kids will be driving it in the coming years. I would add, at most 2", just to lift it up a bit. So, my options are keeping the same street tires and 14" wheels I have right now, or adding 2" lift and going with a more all terrain 20" tire and 10" wheels. I have even considered adding the 2" lift, and keeping the tires and wheels I currently have, hoping it handles bumps on the course better. When I'm running my dog at night, it gets a little rough on the 14" wheels and low profile tires over bumps, both on the course and the cart paths. It handles great on the street.
mayberry32 is offline   Reply With Quote