View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
cameross42
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default How to troubleshoot Controller and motor?

I have a 2012 drive that has stopped running, it has brand new batteries installed. It started shuddering a few weeks ago while starting from a stand still and then would run fine. I checked connections and the leads to the motor seemed fairly warm so i let it sit until the next day. it was ok for awhile that day but then began to shudder again and died completely. i have tested the solenoid and it is clicking and producing 48V when you press the pedal, i measured the voltage at the terminals on the solenoid and at the controller (common ground and the input positive to the controller). When the throttle is pressed i am only getting about 32V from the F1 and A1 lead to the motor. Also I changed the TPS thinking that it might be the issues because when I removed it it had no spring tension and the resistance was not changing when the potentiometer was turned. Is there anything else i can test to determine if it is the controller or anything else on these that might be keeping the controller from providing full voltage out? also should I test the motor and if so how can i do so safely? thanks for any help!!
cameross42 is offline   Reply With Quote