View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 08:55 PM   #8
Largemouth21
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ignition Electronics fried, bad voltage regulator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Near anything 12v should be spec to roughly 10-15v range. Outside that range things may not work. Some people on here had VR that was going over 15v and accessories were freaking out. Some carts have solid state VR that turn on and off and can go over 15v when on, they turn on/off slow you can see headlights get bright and dim blinking. I've seen 15v charge in my car (car not cart) before but only after start up in very cold weather, you need more charge voltage in cold weather below freezing. It did not stay that high very long.

Most carts the generator will make higher voltage at high rpm, so if you have modded the cart to run higher rpm or run high speeds things burning out could be more likely from high voltage over 15v or so. Its doubtful they would make high voltage at 12mph and less or would be brief climbing a hill/etc. Seems like you would need a faulty VR to have that happen but check it to be sure.
I’m thinking that’s what it could be because the ignition parts are on their third replacement, they keep getting burnt out. Once they’re replaced they work great for a while and burn out again
Largemouth21 is offline   Reply With Quote